Having a bad day at work or just an upset morning can ruin the mood for the rest of the day. You may have tried various things but none seem to work effectively. Studies shows many elements of our moods are related to the odors present in the environment and that can alter our mood from good to bad or vice versa.
So the best way to have a happy face throughout those tough and down times is to have a good and perfumed home with the help of scented candles. Scented candles are known for spreading their perfume as they burn and not only that, many scented candles also have neutralizing properties that reduce the amount of unwanted ions in the house atmosphere hence keeping you healthy which keeps a good mood.
What you can do with Scented Candles:
- Scented candles help keep the environment in the house light and fresh.
- Sometimes they can also create a certain mood for a certain scene like having a soft scent candle before a candlelight dinner can certainly create a romantic atmosphere.
- Scented candles are widely used for one of their most widely used application ‘Aromatherapy’.
- They make excellent gifts for house warming, wedding anniversaries, birthdays and other special occasions.
Do’s and Don’ts of Using Scented Candles:
- Try and use soft and subtle scent for smaller areas such as the kitchen or the bathroom. Overpowering scents in smaller areas could lead to breathing problems or headaches.
- Always use the right choice of scent candles in the right place. The kitchen area can be suitable for scents related to citrus whereas the bathroom can have a pleasant smell with floral scented candles.
- Always keep changing scents according to mood and season this makes sure that you have the best scent for the best mood.
- Don’t keep to many candles in one place they may lead to a scent that is so overpowering that it causes problems instead of therapy.
- Don’t keep candles burning while eating food, as we all know our sense of taste is greatly affected by our sense of smell, so if there is a smell lingering when we are eating our brain could get confused on the taste of the food, affect our appetite and change our mood too.